Charles F. Ragsdale Field and Cougar Stadium
Ragsdale Field was officially named for Charles F. Ragsdale in a ceremony on April 8, 2000. Ragsdale was the first coach in Columbus State University baseball history and built the strong tradition of baseball that is still in place today. Ragsdale won 476 games in his 15-year tenure compiling a winning percentage of .634.
The stadium has seen many improvements throughout its time which includes seating for 1000 fans, a press box, concession stand, restrooms and stadium lighting equivalent to professional facilities. Those improvements were made by the generosity of Schuster Enterprises, the local Burger King franchise owners. They were all added for the 1990 season and dedicated on March 24 prior to the Cougars hosting Michigan State University. CSU won the ballgame 19-3.
Widely recognized as one of the finest in the country at the Division II level, the playing surface is always in immaculate condition. The field has been used for numerous events, including conference tournaments, NCAA regionals, junior college events, and high school games.
The Columbus Redstixx used Ragsdale Field as their home field during the 1996 season and constructed the Charles B. Morrow Clubhouse, still used by the Cougars today. The clubhouse was dedicated for the Redstixx owner in December 1997 and includes locker rooms, an athletic training room, coaches offices, laundry facilities and a storage area for both the baseball and softball teams.