CSU Men's Tennis Wins Close One Against Augusta State
The CSU Men's tennis team struggled at times on Sunday but pulled out a win against Augusta State 5-4 on the road. The victory runs the men's record to 10-3 overall and 5-1 in the Peach Belt Conference.
In doubles play, #8 ranked Christophe Noblet /Frank Suarez were upset in the #1 doubles match by Augusta State's Fernandez and Boturao by a score of 8-6. #2 team of Olivier Simonet/Nemanja Djuric and #3 team of Daniel Stomberg/Filip Cojbasic both delivered with victories heading in to singles play.
#16 ranked Frank Suarez bounced back from his doubles defeat to take Stevenson in straight sets 6-1, 6-3. Nemanja Djuric and Daniel Stomberg were also straight set winners at #5 and #6 singles respectively. These three matches gave CSU the victory by a score of 5-4.
1. Frank Suarez (CSU) def. Stevenson (ASU); 6-1, 6-3
2. Fernandes (ASU) def. Olivier Simonet (CSU); 6-2, 7-6
3. Boturao (ASU) def. Gordan Divljak (CSU); 6-4, 6-4
4. Labas (ASU) def. Christophe Noblet (CSU); 7-6, 7-6
5. Nemanja Djuric (CSU) def. Milhati (ASU); 6-3, 6-0
6. Daniel Stomberg (CSU) def. Ferraz (ASU); 6-0, 6-2
1. Fernandes and Boturao (ASU) def. Suarez and Noblet (CSU); 8-6
2. Djuric and Simonet (CSU) def Stevenson and Labas (ASU); 8-5
3. Daniel Stomberg and Filip Cojbasic (CSU) def Ferraz and Milhati (ASU); 8-5